| how can i get out of pay child support if i give up my parental rights can the courts throw me in the slammer

how can i get out of pay child support if i give up my parental rights can the courts throw me in the slammer

wanda l asked:

theier two children in question one i have an the other my ex has i didnt want child support from her but she’s so mean that in return i gave her the house and got an apt. and gave her the car and bank savings i m just dont believe in being mean but her however has been so mean to me selling the house and up and moved leaving our son without contact with her and his brother and get this she filed for me to pay child support….i refused not to be ugly to my child at all….it her way of controling me all over again…both children have trust funds set up for the future and life ins. she cashed mines and my sons in thats with her…..i cant even efford a lawery so the advice i get seems to be double standard from public defenders….telling me just dont pay child support and the judge will automatically drop your parental rights…..that didnt happen instead the court went after my licens and taxes now were taking public transportation and i dont kn ow what to do …! help
dze what do you mean declined by my ex do you mean she can say i dont wantn him to give up his rights
is giving up my parental rights a criminal charge in which the courts can haul me off the jail for or put it on my clean record or will it put my son who is with me in danger if im in court and hes at daycare and they maybe lock me up for saying im giving up my parental rights with no payments!
yah he the pdefender did tell me that he knew i didnt know any better and he told me outside the courtroom verbal not on paper and told me not to worry about it just dont pay it they’ll terminate your rights and as a matter of fact i do have a court paper not from him but from the court that reads on the last page that i was ordered to pay and if i didnt my parental rights will be terminated thats what brought me into the conversation with my pdefender about that part at all and come to think about it now he seemed like he just wanted hurry up and go where ever he was about to drive to anyway! this is the truth
in macon,georgia

Related posts:

  1. Can my ex’s trust fund be garnished for child support arrears? EYE BYTE asked: My ex hasn’t paid support for about...
  2. Child support Calculator; did the court (lawyer or case worker) explain these things to you? Yvette B yvetteb asked: They are supposed to explain these...
  3. Child Support problems and issues; did the court (lawyer or case worker) explain these things to you? Yvette B yvetteb asked: Child support Calculator, problems and issues;...
  4. Should the government keep tabs on child support money? juju asked: Maybe make sure the money goes into the...
  5. Should child support really be the way it is? King X asked: I wrote this just to start a...

Filed Under Law & Ethics |

Tagged With , ,


8 Responses to “how can i get out of pay child support if i give up my parental rights can the courts throw me in the slammer”

  1. dze on May 12th, 2009 12:41 am

    u cant get out of child support by giving up ur parental rights unless it is declined by ur ex …

  2. eddood52 on May 13th, 2009 10:49 pm

    The statement must be made that no support is expected in the decree when giving up parental rights and the court must sign off on it to make it final

  3. sgoldperson on May 16th, 2009 11:00 am

    If a public defender REALLY told you that I would go to the Judge, but you better have PROOF that they told you that. I don’t think you do. No public defender in his/her right mind would tell you that and if they did they wouldn’t document telling you that. See that advice would get them in alot of trouble. Anyway boy have you screwed up. You shouldn’t have given her anything except through a court of law. It isn’t being mean, it is just keeping it straight and documented. From what you said there is no proof that you gave her the house. Come on it could have been her’s by how you say it. Same thing with the car. Really though you pay what the Court tells you or you go to jail. That is how a Court of Law works. You don’t lose the parential rights. You can sign off of them BUT you still have to pay Child Support. That child doesn’t cease to exist because you won’t admit you are the father. It still needs supported.

  4. pedohunter1488 on May 19th, 2009 12:35 am

    Go to court, explain this to the judge. Show that you each got a kid and if she wants to be a real ahole, demand sole custody of both kids and make her pay for child support. By not going to court you lose everytime.

  5. beygrl on May 19th, 2009 2:05 pm

    If she filed for child support, you can show proof you are unable to pay. If you give your rights, and once a verdict has been carried out, you can never change it. Same with her, if she agrees to this she can never ask for child support. I would suggest, paying one dollar a year child support, this way you can have the hold taken off your license, and you still have rights to see your kids. Don’t give up your rights, its not a one time decision, this goes for life, until the kids are eighteen. Present your case, show all that she has taken, and show proof you are unable to pay. Take copies of your pay checks, tell the judge you are unable to pay, not that you don’t want to pay.

  6. KC V on May 22nd, 2009 9:46 pm

    Somewhat like yourself….during my own divorce….I gave alot up for the “ex.”

    But, enough of that…lets address your issue.

    It takes a lot more than not paying child support to “drop parental rights.” The hard lesson that COULD be learned here is that if a judge DOES order child support and you don’t pay….then YOU can be found in contempt.

    Not having the funds to hire an attorney, your next best option would be contacting legal aid within your community or state and get their help.

    Hope this does help you and…

    Best wishes!

  7. thebillthatknows on May 26th, 2009 4:13 am

    get a visa and leave the country

  8. lorna233 on May 30th, 2009 4:15 pm

    They sure can. Loosen up. You’re responsible for your child. You helped bring him into the world Ebenezer.